- Administer Backup/Recovery processes
- Install and Configure Database Software
- Identify and resolve performance problems.
- Automate day-to-day tasks as needed.
- Rotating on-duty coverage is expected.
- Manage access to database resources
- 3+ years experience as MySQL DBA in a production Linux environment.
- 1+ years experience with MySQL 5.0.
- 2+ years exposure to Oracle in a production or development environment.
- Day-to-day Database Administration.
- Backup and Recovery using InnoDB Backup, Zmanda, mysqldump.
- MySQL Replication.
- Ability to quickly diagnose and resolve performance using standard tools.
- Some experience with both MySQL and Oracle partitioning.
- Self-starter with initiative and desire to learn.
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, constructively and concisely to peers and end-users.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and drive issues to closure.
- Automation of DBA tasks (Perl, CGI, Ksh, PHP) .
- Some experience in Oracle 10g, MySQL 5.1.
- DR Strategies including Replication/Standby Database.
- Supporting mission critical systems in 24x7 environment
For further consideration, candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com. Please indicate you are applying for the "Database Administrator" position.