Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vista VPN Vacillation

I tried setting up the NCO Secure Entry Client on Vista x64, but just couldn't get it to work. Before I found that VPN Software, I contacted Dell and they sent me out a Vista x32 installation CD that I could use to re-install my OS if it came to that. I messed around with x64 and NCO Secure Entry Client until the install disk came and then I punted. The Vista install took about an hour or so and the VPN setup took another five minutes to setup and test. It came up fine the very first time.

Maybe Cisco will get with the program by the time I'm ready to get a new machine. I wonder if that extra 2G of RAM will fit in my W2K box...

1 comment:

alex smith said...

We further beef up security by ensuring that everyone has a personal PIN for their vpn connection. The VPN remote access server (RAS) needs to be controlled as it can get expensive - the cost depends..