Oracle must have done a lot of testing of their Metalink conversion scheduled this past weekend, right? After all, I received no less than three emails outlining what was happening the weekend of May 19th. On Saturday, May 20th I decided to see if any work had been done on my TARs, so I decided to try and login. I tried several times and received a "page not found" every time so I decided they weren't done yet.
I went to metalink yesterday and the login page had changed, so I figured they were done, right? Tried logging in with my email and current password and received this lovely message:
Tried again, same thing. So I figured maybe I should change my password. I clicked on the "forgot password" link and in a couple minutes I had a new password. Tried that password and still no luck.
Now it's Monday morning and I've tried the old password, new password, and I even got another new password. Now I'm trying to login and my browser is just waiting for metalink.oracle.com.
Maybe they forgot to apply pre-requisite patch 1456677 to patch 18277266 which is specified as a prerequisite for 88277266. I supposed they've already tried logging a TAR, but I guess metalink was down.
Welcome to the customer's view of Oracle.
Called Oracle Support, had to wait 33 minutes until I got to talk to a human. "Yes, we know metalink is down. There is no ETA at this point."