Friday, August 04, 2006

Funk

I’m in a funk.

A lot of small projects had to take a backseat while I was finishing up my two year project. Now it’s payback time. I have a list of about 20 things that I am working on that aren’t what I’d call real interesting, but they need to get done anyway. Things like cloning Oracle Applications. Yuck. But a necessary evil.

I thought getting some reading under my belt would get me back into the swing of things. I picked up Expert Oracle Database Architecture: 9i and 10g Programming Techniques and Solutions three times in the last two weeks, but just couldn’t get into it. Ventured to a different Barnes and Noble last night to peruse their computer section, but came out with People Magazine.

I get started on a bunch of things, but just can’t seem to finish. In fact, I started on this post about 4 days ago, but just never got around to finishing it. I have four good ideas in my blog “Drafts” area, but just can’t flush out the energy to fully develop them.Sometimes I feel like Sisyphus rolling my stone.

This too shall pass.

3 comments:

Herod T said...

I think it is just that time of the year.

I can't seem to get motivated for work/technology related things.

But my yard has never looked so good, I have built 3 peices of furniture and put many kilometers on my bicycle.

But I can't seem to finish Cost Based Oracle fundamentals no matter how many times I try it.

Winter isn't far off then the lure of the outside will diminish as the mecury drops.

Beth Breidenbach said...

Ditto! Something about mid-summer always pulls me away from the computer. Gosh, if we moved South (as my husband keeps threatening to do) I don't know that I'd ever get anything done.

Enjoy the lull -- as herod points out winter truly is coming. There's plenty of time.

Anonymous said...

Well, you know what you could always do??

Have a guest writer come in and do a blog for you.

Yea, blogs are a "personal" space but I look at them kind of like an editoral.
*************
Hey Jeff is on vacation this week and he's asked me to fill in for him!

Todays subject is about the latest craze! Tin Foil flavored chewing gum!