Interactive Brokers Group, industry leader in direct access brokerage, is seeking a motivated Database Administrator to provide day-to-day production support for our highly automated mission critical systems. This position requires interacting with very technical users, big-picture analysis, and acute problem solving skills.
- 3+ years experience as Oracle DBA in a production environment.
- Linux and/or Solaris
- Day-to-day Database Administration.
- Backup and Recovery using Recovery Manager.
- Oracle 10g (at least 2 years)
- Ability to quickly diagnose and resolve performance using standard tools. (explain plan, OWI, Profiler, Statspack)
- Some experience with partitioning
- Self-starter with initiative and desire to learn
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Rotating on-duty coverage is expected.
- Ability to communicate clearly, constructively and concisely to peers and end-users.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and drive issues to closure.
- Experience with Oracle Applications R12
- Automation of DBA tasks (Perl, CGI, Ksh)
- Some experience in 11g
- DR Strategies including Standby Database
- Financial Industry Background
- Oracle Connection Manager
Job Code: JH-DA-CT
Interactive Brokers Group LLC