- When on a phone interview, don't put the interviewer on hold.
- I don't mind calling you on your cell, but if the call drops, you're done.
- I know you might be nervous, but don't cut me off in mid-sentence.
- When you take my call, don't be driving in a car.
- I don't expect you to pick up the phone on the first ring, but please pick it up. If I get your Voicemail, I'll try you again in five minutes. After that, you're on your own.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Phone Interview tips for DBAs
You only get one chance to make a first impression. I would think the following tips would be common sense, yet I am surprised every day.