Monday, March 13, 2006

Oracle Backup (aka Reliaty)

From what I can gather from this (starting on pg. 2) and this (pg. 20), Oracle has a product called "Oracle Backup" that used to be a backup product called "Reliaty". I can't find a lick of information on it though. If anybody can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Update: 3/14/2006
Straight from the source, I like it: (posted in comments)

Oracle Secure Backup is scheduled to release by end of FY06 (May 06). I apologize for the confusion, but stay tuned to OTN main page over the next few weeks for more information on Oracle's newest data protection product.

Thanks!

Posted by Tammy Bednar
From the slides, it looks like it is a complement to RMAN, which would make sense. Now I'm hoping it can fill a void that NFS has left in my backup strategy. (Hopefully, the "low cost" in the slides will take the same path as the recent products from Oracle and come out as "no cost").

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry just call me confused. The 2 url references you have ( this and this I think ) are links to Oracle RMAN and RMAN plus other flashback recovery stuff. Looks like Open World power point presentations.

Where exactly are these references to reliaty in the presentations or are you just pulling chains?

Jeff Hunter said...

pages updated for those that don't want to read the whole thing.

Anonymous said...

Oracle Secure Backup is scheduled to release by end of FY06 (May 06). I apologize for the confusion, but stay tuned to OTN main page over the next few weeks for more information on Oracle's newest data protection product.

Thanks!